I Started CrossFitting back in 2009 with Jason Haywood, Mick sure & Steve Wilis, aka Commando Steve. Very severe car accident found CrossFit and used it as my form of rehabilitation. Before CrossFit, I was a Tri-Athlete and I was an ocean videographer.
My favourite aspects of training at Plus is the people, the atmosphere, Friendly Coaching Staff, its all-inclusive environment housing all walks of life, our stay at home mums, those with pure weight loss goals to our competitors.
If I could only take one piece of exercise equipment with me to a deserted island I would take a Dumbbell because I believe it is so universal for both cardio and strength training. You can do so much with it and gets you out of the sagittal plane that a Barbell creates. I have been very sporty my whole life, play numerous different sports on the social club level. But back in the day, I used to Played Baseball at an Australian level, Basketball at a representative state level. Shot pot at a high school state level, I also competed in bodyboarding on an international level internationally.
Outside the gym I regularly surf, I love the ocean. I enjoy spearfishing and going on trail runs. Just activities in general. One of my favourite quotes is, “We don’t stop playing because we got old, we get old because we stop playing.” Off the top of my head, I would have to say “American Beauty” or “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” are among my favourite movie, so many good movies.
I don’t really have one but If was to say, I would say my All time favourite album is Generationwhy
It is a toss up between Japanese, Mexican & BBQ for my favourite cuisine
What are you waiting for, Plus Health Fitness & Performance is not intimidating, yet I believe it is one of the most friendly environments. Yes, we train and believe in the CrossFit methodology, which we believe it is for everyone. Come in and surround yourself with like-minded people all helping and work with each other to achieve their goal.
My training goal would be to be able to perform a standing back somersault.
Mick Fanning is one of my many inspirations.
- Certificate III in Fitness
- Certificate IV in Fitness, Master trainer
- Older adult trainer
- Children trainer
- Group Fitness Certificate
- Nutrition 4 Fat Loss (Smart Shape)
- Thump Level 1 & Advanced Instructor Courses
- Kettlebell Level 1 Work-Shop
- CrossFit Certification, Level 1
- CrossFit Running endurance Certification
- Coaches prep Course
- Strength and Conditioning coach
- CrossFit Olympic Weight lifting Certification
- CrossFit Rugby Certification
- Additional Certifications/Qualifications
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Advanced Resuscitation Certificate
- Defibrillation Course
- Australia Professional Ocean Life Guarding
- Occupational Health & Safety Certificate