…is that you cannot control it.
Do you disagree?
Go stand on a scale and decide to lose 5 kilos.
How’d that work out for you?
Did the number drop on command, or did it not budge?
Of course it didn’t budge.
And yet you spend your precious time obsessing about your weight as if you could magically control it.
The good news is that you do have complete control over a couple of important things that influence your weight.
These are your choices about diet and exercise.
Think about this…your current weight is the sum result of your choices in eating and exercise.
Take a minute to think back over the last three years of your life. What kinds of foods did you eat most often? How intensely did you exercise, for how long, and how often?
Now, look at yourself in a full-length mirror. You are looking directly at the result of your past choices.
If you are pleased with what you see then keep on eating and exercising the way you have been. It’s working for you!
If you’re not satisfied with what you see, then it’s time to start making different choices about food and exercise. Here are some suggestions:
Healthy food choices:
- Choose to eat wholesome foods that nourish your body.
- Choose to only eat when you’re hungry and to stop eating when full.
- Choose to not eat junk food, sugary drinks or sweets.
- Choose to eat a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables every day.
Healthy exercise choices…
- Choose to get up early in the morning, when you could be sleeping, to invest an hour of your time in exercise.
- Choose to be consistent with your workout schedule, giving exercise the same importance as a doctor’s appointment.
- Choose to change your workout routine often, to always keep your muscles guessing.
- Choose to push yourself to new levels of intensity, in order to strengthen and tone your muscles.
Don’t spend another minute obsessing about the number on your scale. You are way smarter than that.
Focus your energy on the choices you make regarding what you eat and how you exercise.
If you don’t know where to begin then please reach out to me, I’m here for you.